The All-African People’s Revolutionary Party (A-APRP) vehemently condemns the massive genocidal attack on Gaza perpetrated by Israel, which has resulted in more than 500 deaths and thousands of injured Palestinians. These evil acts of genocide prompt us to reflect upon the words of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
This military attack against the Palestinians of Gaza ranks as one of the most shameless and bloody against a population that is comparatively defenseless against the force of the fourth most powerful military in the world.
This attack was preceded by the illegal, inhumane blockade imposed by the Israeli government for the last 18 months on the Gaza Strip and was designed to starve the Palestinian population, including innocent children, women and the elderly, and force them to surrender out of hunger, despair and sickness. These attacks which are causing additional destruction and heartache in Gaza are fully supported by the European Union (EU) and the United States, the financiers of the Israeli war machine. The EU and the U.S. are the same forces which have caused so much economic and social destruction in Zimbabwe through economic terrorism over the past 7 years.
Let us be reminded that in spite of the clearly legal elections of the Palestinian people in favor of Hamas, the imperialist forces, which include the United States and European governments such as Britain and France, have shown total hatred and disrespect for the democratically elected government of Palestine represented by Hamas. We stand firm in our belief that the people of Palestine have the right to self- determination as codified by international law. They have elected their own government and leadership therefore, they have the right to pursue a path of complete independence and non-interference from zionist Israel. It was and has always been the imperialist powers who have continued to unite in an axis of evil to perpetuate the barbaric systems of zionism, colonialism and imperialism against the State of Palestine and the Palestinian people. These immoral, unjust acts are being done to justify the illegal zionist occupation and to provide total support for the existence of a state for the Jews in Israel.
We realize that this genocidal aggression is only possible because of the massive financial support that the government of the United States of America gives to the zionist movement and the state of Israel. It is the American taxpayers’ money that funds the military weapons, armory, helicopters, missiles and other weapons of mass destruction that are responsible for the deaths in Gaza. We call on an end to all funding to Israel, divestments from companies engaged in business with Israel and immediate UN sanctions on the terrorist state of Israel. We must continue to demonstrate our outrage at the fact that our hard-earned tax dollars are being used to finance terrorist activities in Israel and vigorously campaign against this injustice.
The A-APRP calls on the Pan-African and international community to condemn this massacre which is in violation of the most elemental principles of international law and the UN Charter, and to mobilize to demand an immediate end to these attacks on the Palestinian civilian population. Our collective condemnation must include the following:
- Reactivating the World-wide African Anti-Zionist Front founded in Tripoli, Libya in 1991. The reactivation of this Front is urgent because the twin, evil systems of zionism and imperialism continue to collaborate to plunder the resources of Africa while oppressing and exploiting African people worldwide.
- We demand that Israel stop all military advances into Gaza and that they come to the table immediately for peace talks with the legally elected government of Hamas.
- We demand the imposition of a global economic embargo against Israel until the violence has stopped and the Gaza territories are restored.
- We demand that no supplier of military weaponry be sold to Israel.
- We call on all people holding us citizenship, to call your government representative and demand that no more financial assistance goes to Israel until the above actions have taken place on the part of the state of Israel and that in the future, financial assistance must also be provided for the Palestinian people.
- We call upon freedom loving people everywhere to do more than just read this statement – organize demonstrations against zionist srael in your communities and join or create organizations to politically educate your families, friends and neighbors about how the twin evil systems of zionism and imperialism are destroying the lives of innocent people around the world.
The A-APRP reaffirms its longstanding solidarity with and support for the heroic Palestinian people and their struggle for self-determination against zionist, settler colonialism. The fundamental issue was and remains the illegal zionist occupation of Palestine that has been in place since 1948. Until a truly independent Palestinian State is created founded upon the will, culture and interests of the Palestinian people with complete control and sovereignty over all of their historical land, this struggle will not find a genuine and permanent resolution.