This article is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Brazil))
The Africa that exists today, as well as the one we are struggling to build is not the old Africa, but a new, emergent, revolutionary society. A new society in which a new harmony, a new cohesiveness, a new African personality and a new dignity is forced and tempered out of the crisis and schizophrenia caused by the enlargement of the traditional African way of life through 2000 years of Euro-Christian and Islamic intrusions and by the historical development of competing and conflicting slave, feudal, capitalistic and newly emergent socialistic modes of production. A new emergent ideology is therefore required. That ideology is NKRUMAHISM-TOURÉISM.
What is Nkrumahism-Touréism?
NKRUMAHISM-TOURÉISM is the only correct and scientific ideology for the African Revolution. It takes its name from the consistent, revolutionary, Pan-African principles, practices and policies followed, implemented and taught by Kwame Nkrumah and Sékou Touré; which acts as a cohesive force that binds us together, guides and directs our revolutionary action, and channels it towards the achievement of Pan-Africanism and the inevitable triumph of socialism in the world.
The principles of Nkrumahism-Touréism includes:
- Revolutionary African Personality and Identity
- Pan-Africanism as the primary objective of African revolutionaries throughout the world
- Dialectical and Historical Materialism
- Absolute harmony between Religion and Revolution
- Necessity and primacy of permanent, mass political education and organisation
- Necessity for Positive action
A more detailed document is located below: