- This event has passed.
Revolutionary Solutions: Mass Based Alternatives Towards Community Empowerment
September 26, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CDT
The All-African People’s Revolutionary Party (A-APRP) is hosting an International Webinar via Zoom with the theme – “Revolutionary Solutions: Mass Based Alternatives Towards Community Empowerment“. PLEASE REGISTER IN ADVANCE FOR THE ZOOM LINK. The webinar will be held on Saturday 26th September 2020 at:
- 15h00 (GMT) – Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Gambia
- 16h00 (WAT) – Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, UK
- 17h00 (CAT) – Azania/South Africa, Zimbabwe, France
- 18h00 (EAT) – Eritrea, Kenya, Tanzania
- 11am (EDT) – Eastern U.S., Canada
- 10am (CDT) – Central U.S., Canada
- 9am (MDT) – Mountain U.S., Canada
- 8am (PDT) – Pacific U.S., Canada
Throughout modern history dominated by capitalism and imperialism, the oppressed and exploited people of the global south have fought to free themselves from the various forms and manifestations of foreign domination. During colonialism, many countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas waged armed struggle, non-violent positive action campaigns and the like. While fighting in various ways to free themselves from external forces, many leading the struggles had the vision of the future. They understood the need to establish means of subsistence required to both ensure the people’s survival to continue the struggle as well as the lay the foundations for what an independent community and nation could become upon freedom. Some took the form of liberated zones, which were used to build up local people-run medical centres, educational facilities, self-defense units and economic cooperatives.